Year 3 Rowan Class 2022 - 2023
Welcome to Rowan Class
Welcome to year 3!
I hope you find our class page useful and enjoy discovering all the new things we have learnt.
To get in contact with the class please email:
Now we will be having warmer and sunnier weather, please ensure you send your child to school with a hat and ensure that suncream is applied to your child before school.
Also, please send your child in with a named water bottle, so it can be refilled during the day from our water dispensers.
A reminder that Year 3 have PE on a Thursday (indoor) and Friday (outdoor).
Please come into school dressed in PE Kits not uniform on these days!
See saw help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfkdDIH8EGc&feature=youtu.be
Please watch the video if you require more guidance on using seesaw for homework. Please email if you have any further questions.
Class Teacher - Miss Mayhew
Teaching Assistant- Mrs Robinson (Mon-Wed)
Our new books for Summer 2 are:
This half term, we will be focusing on 2 stories; 'Seal Surfer' by Michael Foreman and 'The Sea Book' by Charlotte Milner:
Our theme for Summer 2 is:
“Our future in our hands”.
Why is it important to look after our rivers and environment?
This half term we will be look at Plants in Science, pets in French, Islam in R.E., tag rugby in P.E. plus lots more!
- Please note- our PE days are Thursday and Friday. In order for your child to take part, please ensure your child has a PE kit which must contain a plain top, shorts/jogging bottoms and trainers/pumps. No bright colours or patterns.
- Reading books are changed on Tuesdays however please bring them to school every day as there are often opportunities for reading in school.
- Our homework is set on Seesaw and Mathletics on Friday and must be completed by Tuesday.
- Please also practice the times tables that your child is on. They are tested twice every week and cannot move on to the next times table until they are fluent, accurate and qu correctly. This includes multiplication, division and word problems. You can join in our Times tables Rockstar battles and become legendary! You can also download an app for this on your phone or tablet
- School lunches must be payed for in advance via Parent Pay.
- Please ensure all uniform is clearly labelled including PE kit, coats and shoes. It is children's responsibility to look after their belongings. Unnamed uniform will be put in lost property.
- On Mathletics, tasks are set by the teacher relating to the current maths topic. Children can also play maths games. Please encourage your child to log in independently so that they are able to do it in school!
Copy and paste the links below into your search browser to go straight to the Bug Club and Mathletics log in screen. Bug Club allows your child to read their level reading books in a digital format. On Mathletics, tasks are set by the teacher relating to the current maths topic. Children can also play maths games. Please encourage your child to log in independently so that they are able to do it in school!
- Mathletics: https://community.mathletics.com/signin/#/student
- Bug Club: https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/login?c=1
- Timestable Rockstars: https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/37257
Log ins for the above websites are in the back of your child's reading record. Please speak to one of us in Y3 if you would like a copy.
Files to Download
Year 3 Rowan Class: News items
There are no News items to display
Year 3 Rowan Class: Blog items
There are no blog items to display
Year 3 Rowan Class: Display work items
There are no Display work items to display
Year 3 Rowan Class: Events items
There are no Events items to display