Subject Lead: Mrs S Wood
Our vision is to ensure that we fulfil the requirements of the National Curriculum for Geography for all learners including those with SEND. By providing a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum; ensuring the progressive development of geographical concepts, knowledge and skills; and for the children to develop a love for geography. Furthermore, we aim to inspire in pupils a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives.
To ensure the Geography programme of study is consistently used by all teachers across school with a specific focus on the progression of children’s knowledge, skills and understanding
- Teaching and Learning is designed to secure cumulatively sufficient knowledge and skills for all pupils, from their starting points.
- To ensure high standards of teaching and learning in Geography, enabling all children to gain ‘real-life’ experiences.
- To provide appropriate challenge to all learners, in line with the school’s commitment to inclusion.
- Provide opportunities to enhance the learning of more able pupils through the investigations, analysing sources and writing extending pieces
- To provide specific and purposeful learning experiences by providing a variety of opportunities for Geography learning inside and outside the classroom thereby developing children’s multisensory
- To promote educational visits and immersion events within Geography curriculum.
- To develop and embed vocabulary which is used continuously across the Geography curriculum.
- To continue to embed and review assessment practices that will provide a more accurate reflection of how pupils’, groups and cohorts are performing in Geography.
- To use baselines to ensure all pupils are making good or better progress in Geography.